All-on-4 – Edison, NJ
Completely Rebuild Your Smile
When you need to replace an entire row of teeth, you might be afraid that you’ll have to get an implant post for each individual tooth. But that’s not the case! Thanks to All-on-4, Dr. Shah can completely replace the upper or lower arch of teeth with a customized denture and four strategically placed dental implant posts. To learn more about the benefits of All-on-4 and whether it might be the best choice for your smile, contact Edison Prosthodontics today.
Why Choose Edison Prosthodontics for All-on-4?
- Computer-Guided Dental Implant Surgery
- Entire Procedure Completed in One Location
- Metal-Free Zirconia Dental Implants
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
Four dental implant posts are surgically placed in your jaw so that they can support a full denture. Each implant is inserted in a way that lets them take advantage of the areas in the jaw where the bone is thickest. This approach makes it less likely that you’ll need a bone graft before implant surgery. Once the implant posts are in place, they’ll often be stable enough to support a temporary denture right away. Said dentures will be anchored to the posts using metal abutments.
Am I a Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
You might be a candidate for All-on-4 if you’ve lost all or most of the teeth in your upper or lower arch. One of the advantages of the procedure is that it doesn’t require as much jawbone density; that means that even patients who don’t qualify for traditional dental implants due to bone loss may still be eligible for All-on-4 even without bone grafting.
To have dental implants placed, you need to have good oral health overall. If you currently have gum disease, it will need to be successfully treated before you can get dental implants. Also, you need to be able to maintain excellent oral hygiene once the implants are in place to maximize your chances for long-term success.
Benefits of All-On-4 Implants
There are several advantages to choosing All-on-4 over more traditional types of tooth replacement:
- Your dentures will be permanently anchored in place. This means they can be brushed and flossed as if they were natural teeth, which greatly simplifies your oral hygiene routine.
- The implant posts will integrate with your jawbone, and as a result, your new teeth will feel as natural as they look.
- The extra bite force provided by the implant posts will let you handle any food.
- The stimulation from the implant posts will stop your jawbone from deteriorating, which is a common issue after tooth loss.
All-On-4 VS. Traditional Implants
On the surface, All-on-4 might not seem that much different from a regular dental implant procedure. However, there are several important differences:
- All-on-4 minimizes the number of implants needed for a full denture. With traditional implants, 6 or even 8 posts might be required.
- Patients with bone loss will need to have bone grafting performed before they can get traditional implants; this can potentially add months to the treatment plan. All-on-4 often makes it possible to avoid grafting altogether.
- People who receive traditional dental implants might have to wait a while after implant surgery to receive a customized restoration. With All-on-4, you can often get a temporary denture on the same day as the implant procedure.