Tooth Extractions – Edison, NJ
Protecting the Future of Your Smile
Oral problems such as severe infections and trauma may result in the need for tooth extractions in Edison, NJ. After a thorough examination, Dr. Shah will outline a tooth extraction plan for you and discuss each of your restorative options if needed. We only recommend extractions as a last resort and offer nitrous oxide sedation so you can feel more comfortable throughout the procedure.
Why Choose Edison Prosthodontics for Tooth Extractions?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments
- Implant-Retained Replacements
- Sedation Dentistry Available
Common Reasons for Tooth Extraction
Here are some situations that may require an extraction:
- A tooth is severely broken or damaged and can’t be repaired.
- Decay has destroyed most of a tooth’s structure.
- A tooth needs to be removed to create enough room in the mouth for orthodontic treatment.
- A tooth is loose as a result of gum disease.
- More room is needed to help a denture fit securely.
How Tooth Extractions Work
First, Dr. Shah will thoroughly examine your mouth and take digital X-rays to determine whether your tooth is salvageable or not. If it is severely damaged and may put your oral health at risk, he’ll likely suggest having it extracted to prevent additional damage. Dr. Shah will administer a local anesthetic and gently rock the tooth back and forth until it painlessly slips out. After the procedure, our team will discuss restorative solutions to help rebuild your smile.