Dental Emergency – Edison, NJ
Specialized Emergency Care For Complex Situations
Dental emergencies always happen at the most stressful moments. For more complex cases, it may be difficult to find an emergency dentist that has enough experience, knowledge, and skills to handle them. That’s why it’s always a good idea to have Dr. Shah’s number on-hand. As a prosthodontist, he has undergone advanced training to handle the most complicated emergency cases, so you can trust that you’re in safe hands if you ever find yourself in experiencing a dental emergency in Edison, NJ.
Why Choose Edison Prosthodontics for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Appointments Available
- Dental Crowns Provided in One Visit
- No More Nerves with Nitrous Sedation
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Give us a call right away. If you contact us right away, there’s a very good chance we can schedule you for a same-day appointment. Over the phone, an experienced team member will walk you through basic first-aid instructions that you will follow until you can reach our office.
- Have an emergency exam. When you get to our office, Dr. Shah will conduct a detailed examination to identify the cause of your emergency.
- Review your treatment options. Dr. Shah will explain his findings to you, review your treatment options, and create a custom treatment plan to quickly get your oral health back to normal.
- Get the care you need. Our team may be able to relieve your pain during your appointment. However, you might also have to return for additional treatment. We’ll work quickly to repair your smile and protect your teeth.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
The first step you should always take if you experience a dental emergency is to contact our dental office. We will do our best to carve out an appointment time for you in our schedule on the same day so you don’t have to sit in pain. Our team can also provide you with over-the-phone first-aid guidance to ensure that your mouth doesn’t sustain any additional damage between the time of the accident and when you get to our prosthodontic office.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Every emergency situation is unique, which is why we’ll examine your mouth beforehand in order to determine what treatment you need. More involved procedures that require the placement of restorations and tooth extractions will be more costly than those that address minor damage. At Edison Prosthodontics, we accept many PPO plans and are more than happy to file insurance claims on your behalf to make this type of care easily affordable.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Although you can’t prevent ALL dental emergencies, there are some proven ways you can reduce your risk of experiencing one. Here are some tips to help make that happen:
- Maintain good at-home oral hygiene.
- Visit our specialty dental office for semi-annual checkups and cleanings.
- Don't wear down your teeth by chewing on ice, fingernails, and other hard items.
- Maintain a nutritious diet that is low in added sugar.
- Wear a protective mouthguard when you play sports.